Case Study: Carnival of the Animals
Since presenting at APAM, Circa have locked in presenting opportunities both internationally and nationally; including a national tour for another work Landscape with Monsters.
Circa toured its sophisticated and delightful children’s show Carnival of the Animals to Mexico and Korea for the first time.
Carnival of the Animals whisks you away on a thrilling circus escapade inspired by Camille Saint-Saens delightful salute to feathers, fur and fins.
Circa's acrobats bring this classical music suite to life for a whole new generation of circus, music and animal lovers. These tours are a direct result out of the opportunity to showcase at APAM. South America and Asia are strategic emerging markets for Circa.
Since APAM 2016 Carnival of the Animals has toured to:
- Chicago, USA: Harries Theatre: March 23rd-26th
- Brooklyn, USA: BAM: March 29th-April 1st
- Chico, USA: Chico State University: April 13th
- Santa Monica, USA: Broad Stage: April 28th-May 1st
- Cleveland, USA: Playhouse Square: May 4th – 8th
- Fayetteville, USA: Walton Arts Centre: May 11th-13th
- Bathurst, Australia: BMEC: June 29th
- Redlands, Australia: RPAC: July 2nd
- Macau: Cultural Institute: July 9th – 10th
- Taipei: Children’s Festival: July 15th – 16th
- Cairns, Australia: Tanks Arts Centre: Sept 2nd – 4th
- Port Macquarie, Australia: Glasshouse Theatre: Sept 7th
- Mt Gambier, Australia: Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre: Sept 9th
- Griffith, Australia: Griffith Regional Theatre: Sept 10th-12th
- Canberra, Australia: Canberra Theatre Centre: Sept 15th-17th
- Renmark, Australia: Chaffey Theatre: Sept 15th
- Port Pirie, Australia: Northern Festival Centre: Sept 17th
- Whyalla, Australia: Middleback Theatre: Sept 20th
- Port Lincoln, Australia: Nautilus Theatre: Sept 23rd
- Wollongong, Australia: Merrigong Theatre Company: Sept 29th-30th
- Alice Springs, Australia: Araluen Arts Centre: Sept 29th – 30th
- Santa Lucia, Mexico: Santa Lucia International Festival: Sept 29th – Oct 1st
- Guanajuato, Mexico: Auditorio del Estado: Oct 7th-8th
- Leon, Mexico: Teatro Manuel Doblado: Oct 10th
- Mazatlan, Mexico: Teatro Angela Peralta: Oct 13th
- Culiacan, Mexico: Teatro Pablo de Villavicencio: Oct 15th
- Mexico City: CENART: Oct 18th – 19th
- Darwin, Australia: Darwin Entertainment Centre: Oct 4th-8th
- Colac, Australia: COPAC: Oct 5th-6th
Future tours for Carnival of the Animals in 2017 are as follows:
- Uijeongbu, Korea: Uijeongbu Music Theatre Festival: May 20th-21st
- Dubbo, Australia: Dubbo Regional Theatre & Convention Centre: Set 16th
- Taree, Australia: Manning Entertainment Centre: Sept 26th
- Bunbury, Australia: BREC: Sept 30th
- Mandurah, Australia: MPAC: Oct 6th-7th
Since APAM 2016 Landscape with Monsters has toured to:
- Premiere Season: Wollongong, Australia: Merrigong Theatre Company: Sept 29th-30th
- Suffolk, United Kingdom: Latitude Festival: July 14th-15th
- Brisbane, Australia: Brisbane Powerhouse: Feb 22nd – 25th
Future tours for Landscape with Monsters in 2017 are as follows:
- Townsville, Australia: Townsville Civic Theatre: July 7th-8th
- Mackay, Australia: MECC: July 11th
- Redlands, Australia: Redlands Performing Arts Centre: July 22nd
- Newcastle, Australia: Civic Theatre: July 28th-29th
- Canberra, Australia: Canberra Theatre Centre: Sept 6th – 9th
- Orange, Australia: Civic Theatre: Sept 14th
- Griffith, Australia: Griffith Regional Theatre: Sept 20th
- Wollongong, Australia: Merrigong Theatre Company: Sept 23rd
About Carnival of the Animals
(APAM 2016 Showcase)
A thrilling circus escapade saluting feathers, fur and fins.
The Circa Carnival comes to town with whimsical tales of creatures from land and sea, who tumble, fly, leap and spin their way through the many wondrous worlds of the animal kingdom.
Carnival of the Animals whisks you away on a thrilling circus escapade inspired by Camille Saint-Saens’ delightful salute to feathers, fur and fins.
Circa’s acrobats bring this classical music suite to life for a whole new generation of circus, music and animal lovers.
A work of sophisticated and delightful family entertainment, this multimedia reimagining of Carnival of the Animals is at once both contemporary and old world. It’s full of wild imagination and explosions of magic and humour that speak to audiences of all age.
Since 2004 Circa has been at the frontier of new circus – creating powerful works of circus art that challenge, thrill and delight. Featuring an ensemble of multi-skilled circus artists under the direction of Yaron Lifschitz, Circa’s award-winning works have been seen in 37 countries across six continents.
At the centre of Circa is the art.
Shows that push the boundary of the circus artform, blur the lines between movement, dance, theatre and circus and yet are a unique, singular ‘Circa’ experience.
Circa also runs a Training Centre with a workshop program in our dedicated circus studio in Brisbane and with partners throughout Queensland and beyond.
Circa manages arTour supporting other artists to tour and assisting Queensland presenters to program performance work for their local audiences.
For more information on Circa or touring opportunities for Carnival of Animals please contact:
Charlie Cush | General Manager
Phone: +61 7 3852 3110 | Mobile: 0424 137 453